- The Dandy Powder Trickler helps the reloader produce an accurate powder charge, producing an accurate round of ammunition.
- The Dandy Powder Trickler gives the reloader more options in placement of your ammunition reloading equipment and supplies on your reloading bench.
- Dandy Products, LLC has developed the Dandy 2-Speed Powder Trickler to be "reloader friendly". The new Dandy Powder Trickler gives the reloader the ability to set the scale at eye level, so that you have better visibility of the alignment marks on your beam scale.
- With the 24 inch cord, the Dandy Powder Trickler reduces the chance of dropping extra grains of powder into your desired load, reducing chance of error.
- The sliding adjustable weight enables 1-kernel drop.
The hopper unit on our powder trickler...
- Holds approximately 1000 grains of powder.
- Can be adjusted from 1" to 5 1/2" in height, measured from the center of the tube, to enable more flexibility with the many different ammunition reloading scales, reloading benches, etc.
- Is mounted on a stainless steel tower rod with a substantial weighted base for ease of movement during the ammunition reloading process. The desired height and position of the powder trickler's hopper is maintained with a knurled steel nut, which clamps onto the stainless steel tower rod.
- Can be positioned at any angle (360 degree rotation), in relation to the powder trickler's base. Again, allowing you, the reloader, the option of setting your powder trickler at an angle that best suits the positioning of
your bench and ammunition reloading equipment.
- Can be positioned toward the rear of the base for a 6" reach from the powder trickler's base.
- Is attached to the powder trickler control pad with a 24" cable. The
cable length can be increased to fit the customer's reloading
requirements, at a nominal, additional fee.
The Powder Trickler Discharge Tube
- Is 4-1/4" in length.
- Is angle cut, for a view of the powder about to be dropped into your
scale during the ammunition reloading process.
The Adjustable Sliding Weight
- Mounted on the Discharge Tube
- Enables the reloader to adjust the speed of the powder flow.
- Enables 1 kernel at a time to drop, no longer requiring tweezers to move that one kernel.
The Powder Trickler Control Pad
- Has 2 switches - slow speed (yellow) & fast speed (red), enabling
you to push the powder through in larger quantities at the beginning
of the reloading process and smaller quantities toward the end of this
- Is powered by 2 AA batteries, which are not included as part of the
Dandy 2-Speed Electric Powder Trickler unit.
There are no repair parts on the Dandy 2-Speed Electric Powder Trickler. If the powder trickler fails to operate, simply return the trickler to Dandy Products, LLC (with seals unbroken), and we will replace the unit. (See Terms & Conditions)
DO NOT USE BLACK POWDER OR BLACK POWDER SUBSTITUTES IN THE DANDY 2-SPEED ELECTRIC POWDER TRICKLER. BLACK POWDER CAN BE IGNITED BY STATIC DISCHARGE!
Assembly of the Powder Trickler
On receipt of the new Dandy 2-Speed Electric Powder Trickler:
- Slide the hopper assembly onto the tower rod end.
- Install two (2) AA batteries into the hand-held control pad.
- Depress the "yellow" and "red" buttons to check function.
**Note1: If the powder trickler fails to operate, check the battery installation. If it still does not operate, hold the "red" button down and tap the hopper with a pencil or similar object. If it operates, let it run for approximately 30 seconds.**
The Dandy 2-Speed Powder Trickler is now ready for use, and you can begin to load your powder and proceed with the ammunition reloading process.
**Note2: Make sure you thoroughly clean the hopper, when changing powders, so that you do not contaminate the next reload.**
Once assembled, the flexibility of the Omega 2-Speed Electric Powder Trickler allows for placement of your ammunition reloading equipment on the bench in a number of ways, allowing for a more comfortable and efficient ammunition reloading experience.
The powder trickler's Hopper can be positioned at any angle (360 degree rotation) in relation to the base.
The height of the hopper can be adjusted from 1" to 5-1/2".
The Discharge Tube on our powder trickler is angle cut for a view of the powder about to be dropped during the ammunition reloading process.
The Sliding Adjustable Weight gives the reloader the flexibilty of increasing or decreasing the speed of the powder flow. By moving the weight towards the hopper, you can speed up the powder flow and moving back towards the end of the discharge tube, you can slow down the powder flow to one (1) kernel at a time, if so desired, no longer requiring tweezers to move that one kernel.
The Control Pad on our powder trickler has a "slow" (yellow) button and a "fast" (red) button to allow you to move the powder grains through the discharge tube as you require. You can use the fast button to load the bulk of reloading powder and then use the slow button to maximize the accuracy of your load.